The course has been finalized for the Taste of Annandale 5K Race on Oct. 14.
The 5K starts at 10 a.m. in the Kmart parking lot, at 4251 John Marr Drive, just as the Taste of Annandale opens nearby on Tom Davis Drive.
Here’s the 5K route, as approved by officers from the Mason Police District. After lining up at the starting line:
- Turn right onto John Marr Drive.
- Turn right onto Columbia Pike.
- Enter Mason District Park.
- Turn left onto the road to the main parking lot.
- Turn right at the first “island” in the parking lot.
- Turn right at the second “island” in the parking lot.
- Turn right at the end of the island and continue through the parking lot onto the paved road toward the amphitheater.
- Turn left onto the foot path near the restrooms and continue toward the maintenance road.
- Turn left at the maintenance road.
- Turn right around the baseball field.
- Exit the park via the road and head back onto Columbia Pike.
- Proceed to the finish line in the Kmart parking lot.
Because runners will be on Columbia Pike, the police have to close that road during the 5K. To minimize the time the road is closed, the police have asked the Taste of Annandale organizers to cancel the fun run that the 5K that had been planned.
The Taste of Annandale 5K Race is certified by USA Track & Field. The USATF certificate number is 1701RT.
Runners can register for the 5K online. Registration, which includes a T-shirt and bib, is $20 for ages 15 and up and $12 for younger runners.
For more information about the 5K, contact David Roach, email@example.com.
Can’t run, but still want to participate? The Taste of Annandale steering committee is seeking volunteers to help with the 5K, including checking in runners, monitoring course, and otherwise ensuring the end goes smoothly.
If you’re interested in volunteering, contact Nancy Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 5K winners will be announced at the Taste of Annandale.