The fourth annual Taste of Annandale is family-friendly, pet-friendly street festival on Oct. 13, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., along Tom Davis Drive in the heart of Annandale, Va.
This free event features live music and dance and a variety of food vendors that reflect the diverse cultures of the community.
Here are some highlights:
- For the first time, the Taste of Annandale is having beer sales. Audacious Aleworks Brewery & Taproom of Falls Church will be selling some of its most popular craft beer.
- The certified 5K Race will start at 9:30 a.m. at the Kmart parking lot, at 4251 John Marr Drive. The course heads along Columbia Pike and through Mason District Park.
- There will be a full day of continuous children’s programming (puppet shows, costumed characters, live music, crafts, and more) hosted by the Annandale Christian Community for Action’s Child Development Center.
- There will be a chili cook-off pitting the Annandale Volunteer Fire Department against the Mason District Police Station
- The pet contest, hosted by Chico’s Natural Pet Market, will feature the best-dressed pets of Annandale and beyond.
- There will also be a photo booth, craft and other vendors, a mini-demonstration park sponsored by the Fairfax County Office of Community Revitalization, a law enforcement display hosted by Communities of Trust, and remarks by local elected leaders.