Online registration is now open for the 2017 Taste of Annandale 5K, to take place Saturday, Oct. 14, at 10 a.m., in the Kmart parking lot at 4251 John Marr Drive, Annandale.
Race-day registration and packet pick-up starts at 8:45 a.m. and will end promptly at 9:45. Packets can also be picked up in the main community room in the Mason District Government Center, Columbia Pike, Annandale, on Oct. 13, 7-8:30 p.m.
The registration fee is $35 for runners age 15 and older and $22 for younger runners. The entry fee includes a T-shirt while supplies last.
Awards will be presented to the top three male and female overall finishers. Awards will also be presented to the top male and female finishers in these age categories: 9 and under, 10-14, 15-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60 and up.
Here’s the course:
• From the Kmart parking lot, turn left onto John Marr Drive
• Right onto Columbia Pike
• Enter Mason District Park and turn left toward the parking lot
• Right at the first “island” in the parking lot
• Right at the fourth “island” in the parking lot
• Right at the end of the island and continue through the parking lot onto the paved road toward the amphitheater
• Right onto a foot path near the restrooms and continue toward the amphitheater
• Right on the path between the trees near the shoe cleaner at the amphitheater
• Left on the path into the tree line and head right at the fork
• Circle the market just into the trees and head back toward the tennis courts
• Left at the shoe cleaner and follow the gravel path around the tennis courts to the gravel road that leads into onto the road just below the parking lot
• Left onto the road that leads back to the entrance of Mason District Park
• Left onto Columbia Pike
• Head to the finish line in the Kmart parking lot.
Part of Columbia Pike will be closed during the race.
Can’t run, but still want to participate? The Taste of Annandale steering committee is seeking volunteers to help with the 5K, including checking in runners, monitoring the course, and otherwise ensuring the event goes smoothly. If you’re interested in volunteering, contact Nancy Hall, email@example.com.
For more information about the 5K, contact David Roach, 864-360-3726, firstname.lastname@example.org.