Can your pet work the runway and wow the audience? Is your pet’s personality so amazing that we’ll fall in love?
Enter your pet in the Taste of Annandale Best-Dressed Pet Contest, and show off their star power.
Online registration is now open for the pet contest, sponsored by Chico’s Natural Pet Market in Barcroft Plaza. Pet owners can also register onsite at the Chico’s booth. There is no charge.
The Taste of Annandale is April 29, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., on Tom Davis Drive in the center of the community. The Best-Dressed Pet Contest is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. on the stage.
Chico’s owner Danielle Areco has come up with seven fabulous categories:
- Fashion Extravaganza – the fashionista on the catwalk.
- Best Puppy Eyes – the looks you can’t resist.
- Mr/Miss Congeniality – where charisma is fundamental. The other contestants will vote for the nicest pup who’s the most fun to be around.
- The BFFs – Walk the runway with your bestie; no more than two pets together.
- Tails Got Talent – Do the trick to win a prize.
- Senior & Savvy – Age is just a number. This category is limited to pets over 12 years old.
- Catitute – Because dogs and cats don’t mix well socially, cat contestants must submit a photo. You will receive more information after you register a cat.
The winners will be selected by professional judges. Every winner and participant will receive a valuable gift from Chico’s Natural Pet Market.
Contestants must choose a name for their pet’s look and indicate your inspiration and your pet’s personality and quirks.
Dogs must be on a leash at all times, accompanied by an adult, at least 4 months old, up to date on vaccinations, and comfortable being on stage among other dogs.
You can enter as many categories as you want, although there is limited capacity due to time restraints and other logistics.
You don’t need to be a fashion designer or seamstress. Any pet who is merely cute or talented can enter and win.
If you plan to dress up your pet, make sure the costume is safe and comfortable. Areco suggests looking for inspiration from “Project Runway,” “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” Lady Gaga, and red carpet best and worst looks. Who does your pet remind you of?